- 18 Sep 2022
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Armory Ace Attack
Join us on Sunday 18th September for a special event based on the ace race format.
Please meet at the hole 1 basket at 9:30am for group formation with the first group starting on hole 1 at 9:45 am.
Game Type: Ace Race
Layout: 18-hole special
Entry Fee: $5 all players
How Does It Work?
- The aim of the Ace Attack is to score as many aces as possible from 36 throws total.
- Players are limited to carrying the same 3 discs for the entire round. If you lose a disc, it cannot be replaced. So choose your 3 discs wisely.
- All players start at hole 1 and play 18 holes in order.
- There is no out-of-bounds (OB) and no mandos to worry about.
- Holes range in length from 26 to 43 metres, making them all “aceable” for any level of player.
- A single wooden tee block marks each tee – treat as a lie, i.e., stance must be in contact with 30×20 cm area behind tee when throwing.
- Players tee off, throwing 2 discs each (one after the other) as per order on the group’s card.
- There are no restrictions on how the disc is thrown – but must be PDGA legal.
- An ace is when the disc is thrown from the tee and comes to rest supported by the chains or tray (including wedged in the side of the tray).
- Players will also score if they hit metal on the basket, i.e., top band, chains, tray or pole. It will be a group decision on awarding a metal hit.
- Players will record an “A” for an ace, “M” for metal hit or “-“ for a miss on the group scorecard.
- After all players in the group have thrown their two shots, players pick up their discs and the group move directly to the next tee.
- Players are not permitted to play out the hole. A player who breaks this rule will receive a warning for the first infringement and a “-1 metal hit” for each subsequent infringement.
- The playing order on each tee will rotate. The first player to throw on hole 1 will now throw last on hole 2 and the player who teed of second on hole 1 will throw first on hole 2. All other players will move up the throwing order 1 spot.
- The event winner will be the player who scores the most aces (from 36 throws).
- In the event of a tie, the number of metal hits will be used to decide the winner.
- If same number of metal hits, winner to be decided by CTP (2 throws each) on TD’s hole of choice.
All entry fees will be combined into a cash prize pool (e.g., 20 players = $100 prize pool). The winner will receive 60% cash prize and the runner-up will receive 25% cash prize. The remaining 15% will cover running costs (i.e., insurance, etc.).
Remember, no parking available inside the Armory for events. Free all-day parking available here and entry to the Armory via Jamieson Street gate.
To register for the event, make payment of $5 by direct deposit to Sydney Disc Golf Club:
Account No.: 1053 4492
Ref: “AAA [your name]”
Leave a Reply