Bag Tag Challenge
In 2023, all members (premium, standard and junior) will receive a free club bag tag. Non-members can purchase a bag tag for $5, but in doing so, agree to abide by the rules below.
Bag Tag Rules of Engagement
- Anybody who possesses a SDGC Bag Tag may issue/schedule/participate in challenge(s).
- Challenges are on a round-by-round basis; i.e., challenges are for one round only in a multiple round event.
- At social days, pop-up events and tournaments, all players will compete with each other for all tags present.
- These challenges will not be publicly announced before the start of the round – it is automatic!
- Members may not deny this challenge, i.e., tags are always in play.
Away Game Challenges
SDGC members may casually meet at another course OR agree to meet at a course/time to compete for bag tags in:
- Head-to-Head (me vs. you) challenges;
- Group Challenges, where multiple players each put a Bag Tag at stake during the group round;
- Members may not deny a challenge and then proceed to play a round (see forfeiture).
#1 Tag Challenge
- The #1 tag has a QR code on the back of the tag. When somebody wins the #1 tag, they must scan the QR code, visit the web site and enter their name. This will update and the #1 bag tag holder will appear on the SDGC home page.
- The #1 tag holder must play to retain the tag, with at least 3 other tag owners, within the next 10 days of winning it. Failure to play without good reason may result in forfeiture of the #1 tag.
- If a local tournament or social day event occurs within the 15 day period, the player can opt to compete for the tag at this event.
Bag Tag Forfeiture
Bag Tags are part of the club membership and tags should be accessible to all other club members. Any club member will be forfiet his/her Bag Tag if:
- Refusing Automatic Challenges.
- Refusing to play.